Waterlea is a community made up of distinct neighbourhood precincts with a relaxed yet vibrant village vibe, centred around a natural creek that will feature a chain of ponds, natural open spaces and a buzzing village heart,
Shaped by the natural landscape and an inspiring view of Mount Marrow to the South, it’s perfectly placed for an idyllic life in the countryside while staying connected to everything you need from modern life.
- 2,000 lots in a masterplanned community
- Projected population of 5,000 residents
- Retail hub ‘The Hangar’ now open with parkside café Phat Boyz Smokehouse & Kitchen, Lead Childcare Centre & Waterlea Sales & Information Centre
- Central parklands to feature connected ponds with cross-over bridge and landscaped recreational and play spaces
- Wide range of lot sizes many with creek, pond or park frontage now selling
- Multi-Builder Display Village (opening 2021)
- Leading edge environmental sustainability
- 100m wide green spine parkland through the entire length of the project
- Community activity areas for concerts, sporting, recreational activities and adventure play
- Interconnected bike and walking paths totally 2.4km
- Exercise stations dotted along the green spine parkland
VIBRANT VILLAGE HEART
There’s a whole lot more to Waterlea than the inspiring backdrop of this historic land. With a village hub at its heart, you’ll get your very own village café serving up wholesome food straight, the best local coffee and family-friendly, pub-style dining.
This is where the neighbourhood comes to life. There’ll be markets, community events and festivities all year round to enjoy with fellow neighbours and visiting friends alike.
Better yet, it’s all just a stroll or a ride away, thanks to the grand green spine of parkland and a network of picture-perfect paths that run along a scenic creek right through the entire village.
On completion, Waterlea will have a total of 5 local parks, a district park and 30 hectares of linear parkland. The existing Henry Lawson Park will also be upgraded by the developer, connecting the estate directly to the centre of town. At Waterlea, the train station and shops are only a walk through the park away.
Waterlea’s Stage 1 Captain John Rea Park opened in 2017 and is a popular place for the community to connect, having hosted fitness classes, movie nights, Easter Wonderland and Autumn Fest events. Stage 3 Guilfoyles Park opened March 2021 and features a range of play equipment to cater for children of all ages. Taking inspiration from the Walloon train station, the park incorporates a train theme in the children’s park. There will be a multi-level castle, flying fox, along with an educational bicycle track. On top of all this, there is designed a kick-a-bout area ideal for throwing a footy and frisbee or enjoying a family picnic. The park is another impressive asset for Waterlea – walking distance to the Café and Childcare Centre.
Waterlea’s waterway will be the central feature weaving through the core of the community. The design features a network of connected local parks linked together by shady greenways with walking and cycling paths – 2.4km in total! The central District Park will be the main focal feature of the waterway corridor with major playgrounds, recreation and community facilities, fitness stations, BBQs and a boardwalk crossing. Most of the waterway corridor will be an idyllic natural bushland landscape using local native plant species creating new habitats for local fauna; including mammal, reptile, amphibian and birdlife species.